With the entire network being managed from just one place, schools won’t need to access multiple appliances separately in order to monitor activity and understand what’s happening.
Because all traffic passes through EDUGATEBOX, detailed data about exactly who has done what on the network is available. From a single, intuitive and easy-to-use interface operators have clear visibility of everything that happens; from ‘at a glance’ overviews to practical PDF reports specifically designed to provide clear, actionable information.
EDUGATEBOX enables education authorities and individual schools to enforce Acceptable Usage Policies and address student behavior by highlighting attempts to access inappropriate content or download unwanted material. Monitoring data can also be easily shared with other monitoring tools in use at authority or group level.
The rich, granular detail about internet usage that EDUGATEBOX provides can be used to plan for future growth and address new needs when the time is right, such as bandwidth upgrades or a transition to one or more dedicated functions or services.
Monitoring and reporting is simple yet rich in detail, because EDUGATEBOX:
- Monitors and logs all traffic flowing through the network (source/destination IPs, Ports, Protocols, etc)
- Identifies sources of traffic not being optimised
- Identifies and resolves bandwidth consumption issues
- Highlights the biggest users (by source/destination, by protocol, by port number). Educators can see who attempted to visit what site and when
- Identifies attempted attacks on network security