In starter schools, installing multiple dedicated network devices often doesn’t make sense economically
- You don’t need the extra performance because there’s not enough traffic
- You may not have the budget now for that much spend – need to spread over more years as school usage and demand grow
- And you don’t yet have the skills built up to manage this kit locally
EDUGATEBOX is an all-in-one network appliance designed to get schools online easily, safely and at best value.
With EDUGATEBOX, education authorities can roll out cost-effective classroom internet and e-Learning anywhere, however remote – and give their students the chance to leapfrog a digital generation, even where bandwidth is a problem.
Everything you need in one appliance
Designed specifically for schools in the early stages of enabling internet access, EDUGATEBOX offers just the right balance of features and functionality for a single classroom or anything up to 150 student devices. Everything needed, from routers to firewalls, from caching to traffic shaping is included in a single multi-function unit.
From its simple intuitive interface any school can run a full service network, allowing devices to safely connect to the network and access the internet, without having to understand the complexities of each on-board function. EDUGATEBOX020, designed specifically for single classrooms, includes Wi-Fi, removing the need for a separate Wi-Fi Access Point.
EDUGATEBOX is designed to be:
- Affordable – A fit-for-purpose solution that matches education budgets
- All-in-one – Integrates every network function needed to get students safely online
- Simple – So simple it can just be plugged in at individual schools. What little configuration and management it needs can be carried out remotely, in bulk
- Cost-effective – On-board caching and traffic-shaping technology can make better use of expensive bandwidth so more budget can be saved or redirected from tech to teaching. It also requires significantly less electricity
ApplianSys understands the complexities of delivering school networks and internet-enabled learning. We have partnered with schools and educational networks in 155 countries since 2001, to provide affordable, efficient and easy-to-use appliances.
In choosing EDUGATEBOX authorities are not simply buying off-the-shelf. They’re benefiting from a carefully developed schools solution – designed to take the stress out of getting students online.