Administering DNS and DHCP is a vital but time-consuming process in providing secure and reliable internet access in schools. EDUGATEBOX makes it much easier, enabling efficient control and protection of all users and their devices.
Easy DNS & DHCP
Handle DNS queries locally
Relying on off-site DNS services risks potentially serious disadvantages. Answering queries takes longer, there may be limits to query numbers, DNS is itself vulnerable to security threats, and such a service is unlikely to be supported.
Having DNS caching fully integrated, EDUGATEBOX:
- Saves the need for additional dedicated resources
- Automates DNS data management, saving time and minimising errors
- Gives you control over your data through forms, templates and validation tools
- Lets you share workload in a controlled way with user permissions and audit trails
- Increases visibility by providing audits and reports
- Protects against security threats and hardware failure
Dynamically assign IP addresses
Deploying and managing a free DHCP service is time consuming, error prone and requires expertise in detailed configuration. ISC DHCP or Windows doesn’t give you information on current and historic IP address usage or provide a reliable failover mechanism.
By incorporating DHCP service on-board, EDUGATEBOX makes it easy for schools to run various e-learning schemes and provide controlled access for off-site visitors.
- Easy day-to-day administration with intuitive user interface
- Visibility and control of IP usage enabling effective planning
- High level of resilience and availability
EDUGATEBOX has been specifically designed to allow its integrated functions to be switched-off independently. This means that you can easily add dedicated appliances for future services as your needs evolve and become more complicated.