With the entire network being managed from just one place, you don’t need to access multiple appliances separately to monitor activity and understand what’s happening.
Because all your traffic passes through EDUGATEBOX, detailed data about exactly who has done what on your network is available. From a single intuitive and easy-to-use interface you will have clear visibility of everything that happens; from ‘at a glance’ overviews to practical PDF reports specifically designed to provide clear, actionable information.
EDUGATEBOX enables you to enforce Acceptable Usage Policies and address student behavior by highlighting any attempts to access inappropriate content or download unwanted material. Monitoring data can also be easily shared with other monitoring tools in use at group or education authority level.
The rich, granular detail about internet usage that EDUGATEBOX provides can be used to plan your future growth and address needs only when the time is right, such as bandwidth upgrades, or transition to one or more dedicated functions or services.
Monitoring and reporting is simple yet rich in detail, because EDUGATEBOX:
- Monitors and logs all traffic flowing through your network (source/destination IPs, Ports, Protocols, etc)
- Identifies sources of traffic not being optimised
- Identifies and resolves bandwidth consumption issues
- Highlights the biggest users (by source/destination, by protocol, by port number). You can see who attempted to visit what site and when
- Identifies attempted attacks on network security