Schools getting online need a way to easily and safely manage and operate all the network functions required. EDUGATEBOX brings all the essential services needed together in a single compact, multi-function appliance:
- Routers and switches to control network traffic
- DNS and DHCP to allow devices to connect to the network and internet
- A content filter to protect students and keep web content relevant to learning
- A firewall to protect their devices
- Caching and traffic shaping to optimise limited bandwidth but deliver speedy content
- Network monitoring to identify and resolve issues and help plan for future needs
By having everything cleverly integrated into one solution, schools’ easily sidestep any skills gaps, such as compatibility issues that would typically require extensive local knowledge or costly external technicians. By internally routing traffic through all on-board functions and services automatically, EDUGATEBOX keeps things simple.
EDUGATEBOX’s modular design means that individual functions can be easily switched off or on in just a few clicks from the same intuitive interface.