When external DNS is a service you provide to your customers, making it secure and reliable is critical to your business.
By relying on general purpose or virtual servers, maybe using unsupported BIND, you expose your DNS to many risks. A failure of your DNS server or a simple configuration mistake can leave the companies whose DNS you’re hosting offline. And if your customer base includes banks or political organisations, your DNS can easily become a target of a DNS attack. This can result in a lawsuit and could even put you out of business.
You need to eliminate these risks. So you need a rock solid external DNS solution:
- Secure – minimizing the risk of a DNS attack and data loss
- Robust – protecting your DNS from service failure
- Highly reliable servers
- A redundant DNS architecture
And if you have lots of ongoing DNS admin – maybe hundreds of websites with frequent DNS changes, you also need easy DNS data editing. If you have a very large amount of data, you may also be interested in IPAM.
DDI appliances will remove the risks from your external DNS. Solutions like DNSBOX, with options focused on DNS management and strong on security, reliability and redundancy – are ideal:
- They are rock solid
- Include options focused purely on DNS
- Keep it simple so particularly easy to learn and use
- Cost less, making the economics of replacing general purpose servers work for you