Caching can dramatically improve page load time, transforming your user experience:
- Enterprises can ensure that employees have the internet access they need to remain productive, even at remote branch offices.
- Hotels, retail outlets and internet cafes can provide customers with reliable and profitable internet services
Subsequent requests for the same file can then be served instantly, without re-downloading. As well as using less bandwidth, this improves response times for your users.
In most cases, a transformed user experience is at least a strong #2 reason for deploying a cache. In many cases, it is actually the #1 driver, particularly:
- In higher/cheaper bandwidth locations
- In networks where by definition many users are downloading the same content at around the same time – such as at training centres or events
- Where higher bandwidth is not available and existing bandwidth is too low all the time, not just at peaks – such as on board ships or in remote regions relying on satellite links
- Where organisations offer a service to paying customers and customer satisfaction is key