We pay the same attention to detail with hardware as we do with software. Some appliance vendors use standard “appliance” units from large server vendors to make their own lives easier. But ApplianSys is careful to design products which are fit-for-purpose to make your life easier. It selects industrial grade components to optimise DNSBOX for reliability and performance.
Solid State storage for security, reliability and redundancy
So DNSBOX uses a combination of Solid State Drives (SSDs) and CFast cards as they offer several advantages over traditional hard disks:
- Hard disks have moving parts and are the primary cause of hardware failure. So using solid state storage, DNSBOX is much more reliable.
- Faster boot times and more resilience to hardware failure. If you suffer an unexpected power outage, the risk of data or application corruption is minimised.
A neat dual CFast architecture gives you extra redundancy:
- The Program Card holds DNSBOX’s application software and operating system. It is mounted read-only – so more secure. The Data Card holds the appliance’s configuration and DDI data. In the unlikely event of failure, swapping cards to a spare or replacement appliance gets you up and running with an identical system within minutes.
Matching hardware to workload
DNSBOX comes in different hardware models to handle different performance levels:
- Components are carefully selected to match each performance requirement
- Light duty models use the CFast card to store all DDI Data
- Higher duty models use a Solid State Drive for DHCP/Dynamic DNS provisioning – offering higher performance in dynamic environments
- We design high quality chassis, keeping size to the minimum needed, helping to keep down costs of space, power and heat
The little things which matter
Did we mention we pay attention to detail? Here’s how:
- DNSBOX chassis are custom-designed by ApplianSys – to ensure physical solidity, neat logical internal layouts and good airflow.
- Build quality is high. Customers shouldn’t need to remove the lid, but partners used to selling many server products praise the neat and tidy cabling.
- Many vendors issue manuals in PDF because it’s cheaper and quicker. But DNSBOX comes with a high-quality, comprehensive user guide in a robust PVC ring binder – because many customers say they find reading a paper manual easier.
With its stylish brushed aluminium faceplate, DNSBOX looks good in your rack