Monitoring network and service stability and keeping multiple appliances up-to-date with the latest, most secure software version is a low-value task for skilled network managers, but for non-technical administrators it would be a confusing challenge.
Opting for EDUGATEBOX’s all-in-one approach will dramatically reduce any workload. Its smart administration features make light work of managing and maintaining the server in a school or group network.
With EDUGATEBOX schools will find ‘housekeeping’ much easier than working with a general purpose server:
- Easy update/backup/restore: quick and simple, with rollback feature
- Smart logging: on-box/off-box logging of system messages (authentication, operating system, hardware and networking) for fault diagnosis, and of cache traffic for audits
- In-depth reporting: clear, comprehensive reporting on appliance and network status – configurable, automated and downloadable in concise formats
- Smart alerts: configurable automated alerts for email, SMS or SNMP
- Secure access: easily control access to the appliance
EDUGATEBOX also incorporates smart software that is self-managing. Quietly working in the background it continually checks what’s happening in the appliance environment, automatically responding where needed. Should an on-box process stop unexpectedly, EDUGATEBOX automatically restarts it. The result is a more robust, smoothly running internet service, with less need for intervention.