As well as DNSBOX’s primary job – managing DNS, DHCP and IPAM services – you need to take care of the “housekeeping” – deploying, managing and maintaining the servers in your network. DNSBOX makes this easy too!
Working with DNSBOX, you will immediately notice all the smart administrative features which make it much easier than working with a general purpose server:
- Multi–user access for shared tasks, with RADIUS or LDAP authentication
- A secure web interface to control which people, machines and networks access your network data
- Automated logging of system-level messages and redirection of syslog files available for audits or assisting in investigations – these can be viewed as alerts and messages from the appliance interface
- Reports and statistics give you information on your appliance “health” – with options to customise data displayed and time periods
- Configurable email, SMS or SNMP alerts keep posted on events relating to hardware, system, service or user authentication
- SNMP support for integration with network management software
- Easy backup/restore – configuration in one click
- High availability upgrade system lets you take advantage of regular software/ security updates with minimal service disruption
But you might not notice what’s happening in the background. DNSBOX software self-manages, checking what is happening in the appliance environment, and responding to events – for example by automatically restarting on-box processes which stop unexpectedly. The result is a more robust DNS service, with less need for server administrator intervention to keep things running smoothly.