Often enterprises just want to sort out their external DNS, because either:
- Their web sites and email depend on it. So their key issue is making the service more secure and reliable than it is now.
- They currently outsource it – and now they are not happy with that arrangement. But bringing it in-house needs to be easy.
A DNS attack, a failure of your DNS server or a simple configuration mistake can leave your company offline. When your web presence is mission-critical, you need to eliminate this risk.
So you need a rock solid external DNS solution:
- Secure – minimizing the risk of a DNS attack and data loss
- Robust – protecting your DNS from service failure
- Highly reliable servers
- A redundant DNS architecture
And you want to deliver this as easily as possible:
- You want a solution which you can “set-and-forget”
- You need easy DNS data editing
If you currently rely on general purpose or virtual servers, maybe using BIND or Windows DNS, DDI appliances will remove the risks from your external DNS. Solutions like DNSBOX, with options focused on DNS management and strong on security, reliability and redundancy – are ideal.
If you currently use an outsourced service – maybe an ISP – for your external DNS, typical issues are about control, quality of service and cost. You are not able to make instant or custom changes, the performance level cannot be guaranteed and the cost of the service may be high.
But if you bring it in-house, it must be easy. You want to keep the learning curve, the workload and the headaches down to a minimum.
DDI appliances will help with this. The most suitable are like DNSBOX:
- They are rock solid
- Include options focused purely on DNS
- Keep it simple so particularly easy to learn and use
- Cost less, making the economics of bringing it in-house work for you