- Are you an experienced support engineer?
- Do you enjoy being recognised as an expert and a true professional?
- Do you enjoy being a technical leader?
- Do you have the technical savvy of a geek and the people skills of a diplomat?
- Do you enjoy performing in front of customers and solving their problems?
This is an opportunity for a Support Engineer to join a company that is expanding fast in the worldwide network appliance market. Already a leader in key sectors, sales are growing rapidly. With new product families in the pipeline, a new office in Texas and an expanding international reseller network, they need more sales-oriented support engineers now to help go even faster.
ApplianSys engineers are already supporting customers in over 135 countries – many in the developing world – use their products to build and improve their networks, making the internet effective across the developing world and improving education for children everywhere.
The company culture is ambitious and demanding, clearly focused on excellence; supportive, with an emphasis on personal growth; and friendly, with strong team values.
As a skilled network engineer, you like being recognised as an expert and a true professional, and you enjoy performing in front of customers and solving their problems.
Ideally you will have 5 years experience of working with networks.
If this is you, this is a chance to put your career on the fast track!
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Pre-sales support delivering technical expertise to the sales effort, to sales prospects, customers and channel partners. Mostly interacting remotely via phone / web / email, support includes architecting technical solutions, technical input at all stages of the sales cycle, supporting sales executives in onsite and online meetings, and running product demonstrations and presentations
- Advanced post-sales technical support – offering competent 2nd line support immediately and rapidly becoming the expert (3rd line) on selected products
What we’re looking for
Engineers who carry real authority with customers, based on fluent command of networking combined with excellent customer-facing skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a sales support engineer and a degree (at least 2:1) in a specialist networks-related discipline or in a more general computer science type course with a significant amount of content dealing with network and internet technologies.
You must have excellent technical and interpersonal skills in equal measure.
It is essential that you are/have:
- You must have excellent technical and interpersonal skills in equal measure
- Fluent networking expertise as a result of experience with a wide range of real-world networks
- Expertise with Cisco routers and switches
- Fluent with Linux
- Strong analytical skills and proven solving abilities
- Enjoy working within a dynamic team in an entrepreneurial environment
You will have a significant advantage if you are/have:
- Fluency in a foreign language, in particular French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish
- Expertise in configuring and deploying DNS and DHCP Experience with various types of network appliance
- Ideally you have a degree in a specialist networks-related discipline or in a more general computer science type course with a significant amount of content dealing with network and internet technologies
- Pre-sales experience
If you believe that you have got what it takes, then send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Positions are based in Coventry UK unless stated.