Are you looking to work in a network-related field?
Are you passionate about Linux and Open Source technologies?
Do you also enjoy lots of interaction with people?
Do you have the technical savvy of a geek and the people skills of a diplomat?
ApplianSys engineers are already supporting customers in over 135 countries – many in the developing world -use their products to build and improve their networks, making the internet effective across the developing world and improving education for children everywhere.
If you are looking for an engineer role which combines real job satisfaction with serious career advancement, ApplianSys could be the place for you.
You will initially be responsible for routine post-sales technical support (1st line and 2nd line) in order to resolve customer’s issues. You will contribute to the testing of development products. As you develop towards becoming a Senior Engineer you will take on responsibilities for more complex 3rd line post-sales support and become involved in pre-sales technical support – to an extent determined by your specific aptitudes and interests.
What we’re looking for
For junior support engineers at 2 levels: a) with at least 2 years work experience in a networks role or similar b) graduate trainees (first-jobbers).
The ideal candidate will have a degree (at least 2:1) in a specialist networks-related discipline or in a more general computer science type course with a significant amount of content dealing with network and internet technologies.
You must have excellent technical and interpersonal skills in equal measure.
It is essential that you are/have:
- Solid practical competence in IP networking and ideally with open source applications such as Apache, DNS, DHCP, Squid etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer communication skills
- Solid experience in linux (preferred) or other Unix.
- Experience with x86 hardware
- Thorough, organised, comfortable in a multi-tasking environment. Able to cope under pressure and work to tight deadlines. Must have good customer focus or have the appropriate personality to develop it rapidly with suitable guidance.
- The general aptitudes and motivations for team-based working in an entrepreneurial company
You are likely to have a significant advantage if you are fluent in a foreign language, in particular French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish.
If you believe that you have got what it takes, then send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Positions are based in Coventry UK unless stated.