If you are a high-performing professional with solid technology marketing experience, this is a chance to take your B2B marketing career to the next level by joining a Coventry-based company which:
- Is truly marketing-driven, where the marketing mindset runs throughout the organisation.
- Is growing fast around the world, with customers in 135 countries, a new office in Texas and several new product families in the pipeline
- Has a young, internationalist workforce with a progressive, supportive and fun culture
- Has a capable and collaborative marketing team
To cope with the expanding workload, ApplianSys is looking for a marketing executive with practical product marketing expertise and industry knowhow, ideally with an internationalist dimension. The role requires the ability to work across all marketing and communications disciplines with particular responsibilities for strategic product management. You will join the marketing team alongside another Senior Marketing Executive.
For ApplianSys to out-compete larger and better resourced competitors, it must out-smart them. Success demands high standards of marketing, combining rigorous strategic thinking with the ability to execute marketing campaigns that fully exploit ApplianSys’ opportunities. As a truly global business, the marketing function must have an internationalist mind-set, be able to relate to people from all over the world and to operate in several languages.
This role will provide full exposure to all aspects of marketing, with the opportunity for personal development, responsibility, reward and rapid progression and the chance to have impact in an exciting high growth business where marketing is in the DNA. This fast-growing company offers lots of opportunity for progression into management positions.
You will make significant contributions to the definition and delivery of a comprehensive and cohesive communications programme and the development of full sets of sales collaterals and channel support materials. In addition, as a senior team member, a key responsibility is to drive strategic product management activity.
You will be involved in market research, competitive intelligence, developing marketing plans, product development, design and production of communication and sales support materials, website management and development, direct marketing, PR and guerilla marketing.
Once established, you are likely to make a significant contribution to broader company development beyond marketing per se.
What we’re looking for
- 5 to 10 years experience working in a multi-discipline marketing communications role, with at least a significant portion in B2B IT, ideally in the Networking industry.
- 1st Class Honours degree in a business or marketing discipline; alternatively a 2:1 with evidence of high achievement elsewhere or further professional qualifications. Candidates who have also studied some Computer Science/IT as part of their degree will have a further advantage.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate convincingly that they have:
- Intelligence and intellect. In particular, able to handle complex issues with a sound, rigorous analytical approach and excellent structured communication
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Drive, energy, tenacity, and commitment to excellence
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills – working collaboratively on complex tasks – and interpersonal skills
In addition, the candidates are likely to have an advantage if they have:
- Extensive networks in the IT industry, among the channel, marketing suppliers and in target markets.
- Fluency in foreign languages a distinct advantage, esp. French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish
How to apply
If you believe that you have got what it takes, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a covering letter which explains:
- Why are you interested in this job in particular?
- What are your particular strengths which make you a stand-out candidate?