As well as managing CACHEBOX’s primary job – caching web content – you need to take care of the “housekeeping” – deploying, managing and maintaining the server in your network. CACHEBOX makes this easy too!
Working with CACHEBOX, you will immediately notice all the smart administrative features which make it much easier than working with a general purpose server:
- On-box/off-box logging of system messages (authentication, operating system, hardware and networking) for fault diagnosis and of cache traffic for audit purposes
- Clear, comprehensive reporting on appliance and network status – configurable, downloadable and automated
- Configurable automated alerts via email, SMS or SNMP
- SNMP support for integration with network management software
- Easy backup/restore functionality
- Manage multiple administrators, with local/LDAP/Radius authentication
- Security features to control access to the appliance
But you might not notice what’s happening in the background. CACHEBOX software self-manages, checking what is happening in the appliance environment, and responding to events – for example by automatically restarting on-box processes which stop unexpectedly. The result is a more robust cache service, with less need for server administrator intervention to keep things running smoothly.