We pay the same attention to detail with hardware as we do with software. Some appliance vendors use standard “appliance” units from large server vendors to make their own lives easier. But ApplianSys is careful to design products which are fit-for-purpose in each case to make your life easier. Using industrial grade components, CACHEBOX is optimised for performance and reliability without unnecessary cost.
Matching hardware to workload
CACHEBOX comes in different hardware models to handle different performance levels:
- Components are carefully selected to match each performance requirement
- We design high quality chassis, keeping size to the minimum needed, helping to keep down costs of space, power and heat
Different disk combinations are used for cache storage on different models. Higher performance models use a mix of high-speed Solid State Drives (SSDs) for caching smaller objects, with high capacity hard disks (HDD) for large objects – meaning the ultimate overall caching performance.
CFast for security, reliability and redundancy
CACHEBOX uses a sophisticated dual CFast architecture for software and configuration data:
- The Program Card holds CACHEBOX’s application and operating system and is mounted read-only – so more secure. The Data Card holds the appliance’s configuration data.
- In the unlikely event of failure, swapping cards to a replacement appliance gets you up and running with an identical system in minutes. Customers love this extra redundancy feature.
- CFast cards fail much less than hard disks. And if you suffer an unexpected power outage, the risk of corruption of application software or configuration data is minimised.
The little things which matter
Did we mention we pay attention to detail? Here’s how:
- CACHEBOX chassis are custom-designed by ApplianSys – to ensure physical solidity, neat logical internal layouts and good airflow
- Build quality is high. Customers shouldn’t need to remove the lid, but partners used to selling many server products praise the neat and tidy cabling.
- Many vendors issue manuals in PDF because it’s cheaper and quicker. But CACHEBOX comes with a high-quality, comprehensive User Guide in a robust PVC ring binder – because many customers say they find reading a paper manual easier.
- With its stylish brushed aluminium faceplate, CACHEBOX looks good in your rack