DDI management software systematises workflows to improve efficiency and control. This is bound to mean changes in the way you work to fit the new solution. Some changes are for the good, but other changes forced by the new solution may not be ideal for you.
DNSBOX is more flexible than alternatives, so better able to fit your specific DDI requirement:
- It is more “open”. While routine configurations are made easy for inexperienced users, advanced users can continue to perform “advanced” tasks as before.
- You can perform certain tasks via the command line interface and scripting.
- For non-standard tasks and integration with bespoke systems, DNSBOX provides a well documented Application Programming Interface (API).
- If you want to keep some parts of your existing DDI infrastructure or the current architecture, it is more likely you can with DNSBOX. This has many advantages:
- You don’t need to to re-design your DNS/DHCP architecture if you don’t want to.
- You can easily integrate DNSBOX with any existing DNS and DHCP servers if you have technical reasons to keep them or don’t have the budget now to replace them.
- With its modular approach and hardware options, the DNSBOX range makes it easy for you to change over time. At each point in time, you just pay for what you need, without limiting your future options.
- Licence and activate additional services on each appliance when you need them changing what DDI services are included and how big a job each server has to do.
- All DNSBOXes share compatible hardware platforms. This means that you can easily change what each server is used for or upgrade to beefier hardware.
- As you expand your network to new locations or increase redundancy, adding new servers to your DDI architecture is easy and affordable, with specialist units each at a fair price for the job.