CACHEBOX follows a set of rules to determine which content to cache and when to delete objects from storage. These rules have been optimised to deliver great performance, but we’ve also developed smart features for those occasions when you could benefit from breaking the rules.
Relieve Peak Traffic with Pre-caching
Under normal circumstances a user needs to request a web page or an object before CACHEBOX can retain its copy. With ‘pre-caching’ you can cache selected content even before it’s been requested:
- Teachers can download web content that is central to their lesson plans the day before to avoid wasting valuable lesson time
- Hotels can get content from popular news sites in off-peak early hours so the content loads superfast for guests in the morning
- ISPs can download the top clips on their most popular video sharing sites at the start of each day
Protect cached content from automatic deletion
When the cache store is full, CACHEBOX makes room for new content by automatically removing files that are infrequently requested by your users. Thanks to the ‘Static Storage’ feature, you can reserve a portion of CACHEBOX’s disk space for permanently storing specific objects you would like your users to always have quick access to. So:
- Schools can cache and protect large files that are only accessed once per term.
- Businesses can cache and protect training content so that every new starter gets great user experience.